Farmer's Market Day
at
1:35 p.m.
|
Posted by
Luella
|
Phew! That was a busy day! Woke up at 8:30 to feed the cats and plan our meals for the week. I love my Sunday routine. I take all my cooking books out and I shuffle through them. I look at the ingredients; calculate roughly how calorific the recipes are, if I can make them healthier and such. I then wrote down the recipe name and the page, dress a list of what I need to get at the farmer’s market and I repeat until all is scheduled.
(This week we are having Korean style corn omelette, wild boar sausages with homemade tomato ketchup, string bean salad, orange and grapefruit scallop. All under 300 cal.!)
I then drank down a whole glass of iced water to calm the hunger, woke up M, still sleeping like a baby and dressed myself in my new size 3 Levi’s jeans. Some moments later we were out with our reusable bags; ready to do our grocery shopping. It was an amazing day to go to the market! All the fruits and veggies are at their best at this time of year: tomatoes, cucumbers, berries, figs (yay!), leeks, sweet and hot peppers, mushrooms, eggplants they all looked so good!
I carried my heavy bags around, enjoying my time and doing some exercise. M and I stopped at our favourite breakfast place on our way back home. It’s a very laidback and homestyle place. An ancient house turned into a big restaurant. It’s always full of families and couples on Sunday afternoon but we were early so we got a nice place in the interior court. I got the blueberries crepes without cheddar and M got the ham, mushroom and provolone omelette. Their plates are HUGE. All plates are served with bread, potatoes, ham, sausage, bacon, mushroom cooked in white wine, two eggs and tons of fruits. Can you believe that? Needless to say I skipped most of it giving the ham, bacon, one egg, half a crepe, the bread, a potato and the little smoothie served with my crepes to M and ate the rest, which was still plenty and not even suspicious.
Completely full, M and I walked the 15 minute walk to the video club to get Gossip Girl SSN2 and Dexter SSN3. On our way, some Vitamin Water people gave us a mini bottle of their XXX water (acai-blueberry-pommegranate / 50 cal per bottle). We walked back, got home, stored away our food and loaded our bags back with clothes. We had tons of clothes to wash so we made our way out again and spend the next 2 hours at the Laundromat. While we were waiting for our stuff to wash and dry, we sat outside in the sun, listened to one neighbour who was listening to the Beatles. We ate some Tum Yum Peanuts we found at this little spice shop at the market while sharing our Vitamin Water. I taught M how to fold clothes, then we went back home.
Our apartment was a complete mess, we’ve been so busy lately that we had no time to clean anything. I dusted, cleaned, arranged and washed the gigantic floor our space until about 6:30PM and when I stopped I was soaking wet. I was alone, M had left for work. I watched Gossip Girl over homemade hummus with carrots and cucumber. Purged for no reason except that I wanted to scrap one perfectly normal day, then I went to sleep at 9:30PM completely exhausted.
I finished my day at around 950 calories before purging. I won’t be weighing myself before a few days since I’m in my periods. I always gain a few pounds of bloating and lose them right after.
Today my plan is to keep my food intake under control, 700 calories, and exercise. Yoga 1 hour and biking for 30 minutes. Absolutely no purging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a pretty busy and productive day! You are going to end up putting weight on M if you keep giving him all your food dear!
@ Lost: Haha, if only he could gain any! Yes, the sucker is thinner than thin and yet he can eat whatever he wants without ever gaining any single pound. Grrr. I am jalous of my own bf, how pathetic is that!?
Haha you're not the only one Luella! My boyfriend is the same way!!
Post a Comment