Vegetarian Chili Recipe

| |


Makes 5 serving

Healthy, fulfulling vegetarian chili. This meal provides a lot of protein and fibers while being low in fats.

Ingredients

15 oz red kidney beans (1 can rinced)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 medium carrots, chopped
3 large tomatoes, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 small red bell peppers, chopped
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 small onion, chopped

Directions

1. Heat oil in deep pan over high heat. Add the chopped onion, the carrots, the red bell pepper and the garlic. Sauted for about 10 minutes.

2. Add the chopped tomatoes and the red kidney beans. Add the cayenne, salt, pepper. I also add some chili powder and hot sauce along with dried origan and basil. If you have fresh chilies at home, these are a great addition too!

3. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 2-3 hours. If you have the time, reduce the heat to low and let cook for 5-6 hours. Delicious!

Nutrition Facts
Calories per serving: 359
Calories from Fat: 37
Total Fat 4.1g 6%
Saturated Fat0.6g 3%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 500mg 21%
Total Carbohydrates 62.7g 21%
Dietary Fiber 16.0g 64%
Sugars 7.7g Protein 21.0g
Vitamin A 121% • Vitamin C 98%
Calcium 10% • Iron 36%

2 comments:

Plum Girl said...

Sounds delish!
I just stumbled upon your blog and we have a LOT in common! Age, boyfriend status, etc...
Nice to see I'm not the only person out there that's 22 and blogging on here.

2beskinny said...

Awe! Thanks for following my blog! =)

You seem to be a lot like me, in some ways more than others. I don't have an eating disorder either but I do have diordered eating, which is a technical term by the way, and it seems like you and I are in the same boat.

Good luck with your weight loss!

Post a Comment