Right Size Ops

| |
Oh Coco!

Hi everyone, sorry for neglecting my blog... Life has been a roller coaster and I am still not sure of where I am. I am feeling better though.I had a very rough patch during the weekend and I needed some time off. Some place to hide and here I can't. I swore an oath of truth.

I have decided I was the only one in charge of my life. I need to hop back on the horse and enjoy the ride. I know I must sound like a broken record… but that’s how it is.

The SPTGT116 is still on, just more relaxed. I have stopped counting calories as I rarely go over 1000 anymore and I just don’t need the stress. Too much pressure. It’s crazy what I’m am imposing to myself. Already, weighing once a week has helped my mood.

I have lost 3 pounds last week. Right on goal. I have no idea how I will do this week because I’m in my periods and my weight and eating are always yo-yoing at this time of month.

I have updated my SPTGT116 schedule. I’ve added two and a half days of fast, not consecutive. Shorts fasts have been proven good for the system so why not? I’m also launching operation Right Size, which is basically eating the correct amount of food in a serving instead of oversizing everything. 1970’s style. Drink: 8 oz, not 16, not 32. Bagel: 3 inch diameter not 6. etc, etc, etc.

This makes so much sense. This way I can eat what I want, I just need the correct proportions. I’m already partly doing it (thanks to the Sonoma diet) but I need to push it one step further and do it all the time, not just at home.

Also, with this Right Size Operation I will have 5-6 small snacks instead of one or two big plates. All this is not rocket science, I know, but I tend to extremes and forget that on the long run fasting, hard-core restricting and all that shit is NOT working and is pushing me down.

It’s enough.

Here’s something I’ve found online. It’s about serving sizes and what size they SHOULD be. Look carefully. Don’t you notice something?

GRAIN PRODUCTS
1 cup of cereal flakes = fist
1 pancake = compact disc
½ cup of cooked rice, pasta, or potato = ½ baseball
1 slice of bread = cassette tape
1 piece of cornbread = bar of soap

VEGETABLES AND FRUIT
1 cup of salad greens = baseball
1 baked potato = fist
1 med. fruit = baseball
½ cup of fresh fruit= ½ baseball
¼ cup of raisins = large egg

DAIRY AND CHEESE
1½ oz. cheese = 4 stacked dice or 2 cheese slices
½ cup of ice cream= ½ baseball

FATS
1 tsp. margarine or spreads = 1 dice

MEAT AND ALTERNATIVES
3 oz. meat, fish, and poultry = deck of cards
3 oz. grilled/baked fish = checkbook
2 Tbsp. peanut butter = ping pong ball

Yes.

It’s the sizes we (most of us anyway) IMPOSE to ourselves so harshly when we are RESTRICTING. Turns out what we struggle to achieve should be pretty NORMAL. It’s not us… it’s them. THEY eat too much.

(Okay, okay, I might be on the nearly not enough side but still).

Darling. It’s not me. It’s you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment