Baby steps

| |

*I am following Six of Hearts (Amanda) act of bravery and I am posting the most recent pictures of me. These were taken about two weeks ago. Notice the nasty arm goo of the left picture and the thick neck on the right... These are bound to dissapear soon!!

Yesterday was the first day of my getting back on track plan. It went ok. I need to think “baby steps” because otherwise I will NEVER be able to attain goal weight.

As weird as it might seem, my downward spiral started last Thursday when my eggplants sabotaged me. So, in order to fix things, I bought new eggplants and cooked the damned eggplant lasagne. Call me crazy but just doing it right this time put me in a better disposition toward the plan.

So, yeah, the lasagne... IT WAS DELICIOUS! It’s a vegetarian dish but it does taste much like real lasagne with pasta and meat. You’re thinking: “Luella, this fabulous dish must be 57389675834 calories!? How can you eat that?!” Nope my fair ladies, a serving of this little piece of heaven is only 220 calories/ per serving and that’s WITH CHEESE. The texture of baked eggplant is a perfect mix of cooked pasta and ground beef. Don’t ask me why. It’s just good good good.

Ok now, enough drooling over the lasagne. Back to my day. Baby steps I said, right? Yesterday I skipped breakfast as I was late for work and I needed to stop by the garage to get my car back (only to find later that one of my light is not working). Lunch was a bit of eggplant-olive hummus with cauliflower and cucumber. And a donut. I knooooow, very bad choice (AND 270 calories) but…. Baby steps! I worked a bit overtime and I had 1.5o oz of soy yogurt with blueberries to keep me going until dinner (at 8:30PM).

I went home and got prepared to do my jogging. I don’t run much; it is incredibly hard for me. But I did 15 minutes of running and 15 minutes of fast walk. I then cooked dinner and ate it in front of a movie. Did a bit of cleaning, washed the dished and tried my new yoga dvd.

OMG IT’S SO INTENSE! Haha, I feel tired this morning. My legs are sore, even my arms are weak from the hard work. I love it! I planned to do it again tonight, but honestly I don’t think I’ll be able to gather sufficient energy to do it all again. Yes, it’s that intense! I might just do the easier dvd or maybe pilates. Point is: I have to exercise in some way or another. And somewhere in there I'm going at my sister's to watch our favourite show.

Calories in: 860
Calories burned working out: 600
Weight: 123 (ugh I knew I would be up…)

2 comments:

Six of Hearts said...

Yay!!! Baby steps are the best! We are learning, and one day we will walk like adults.

Ok, your pixie hair, your retro rimmed glasses, you = Cute :-) Now I know who I am writing to, and that is lovely :-)

Yum lasagne. I love goats cheese and spinach...

Anonymous said...

ARM GOO? WHAT!

you look gorgeous, i can see the ends of your shoulder blades already...

and i love your hair.

and i love how detailed and on track your healthy eating is... everytime i read what you ate each day it motivates me to Sort.It.Out coz you make it sound so easy!

keep it up. xx

Post a Comment