I am at home right now. Alone with my cats. Watching series. As always. My headache has dimished to a small murmur buzzing somewhere between my ears. I feel a lot better now that I've eaten. Now that I am home and that everything is calm. I went grocery shopping earlier and I loaded up on safe, healthy, good food that I was able to pick myself.Today:
One bowl of no chicken noodle soup.
Half a tomato sandwich with exactly 8 olives.
One blueberry-banana smoothie made with plain soy soyurt.
One slice of toast with peanut butter.
730 calories.
I am beginning to think I am seriously paranoid about what I eat. Is it a coincidence that eveytime I eat at a restaurant I get awfully sick and bloated (except sushi for some reason)? What is it that I eat that makes me react with so much violence? When I eat at home I am simply full. I do not get sick, I do not get rashes. I am normal. Healty. Fine.
I dont' understand. Is it me, the problem? Do I convince myself that I am sick. That I must feel sick?
I don't know.

2 comments:
It's amazing how powerful our minds are. It is entirely possible that fear of unknown food entering your body could be triggering off anxiety, and anxiety causes very real and powerful physical symptoms. Particularly gastrointestinal symptoms such as cramping, bloating and diarrhoea. I sound like a bit of a douche bag, but I'm about to graduate medicine after 6 shitty years, with a view to specialising in psychiatry, so I do kinda know this shit :)
Terribly glad you're feeling better now anyway! And the grey dress with the sequiny sleeves sounds super fabulous. I want one!
xx
It is very possible that by thinking that what you eat at a restaurant is going to have negative effects, then it will. It is very surprising how much the brain and the way a person thinks can affect the physical self.
I kinda have the same problem. I do not normally enjoy going out for a meal and whenever I do, I always leave with a stomach ache and just over all feeling sick. It doesn't seem to happen if I am enjoying the night out but usually I work myself up to much before hand to enjoy it - I sometimes feel sick just entering a restaurant, especially if I have eaten there and felt sick before.
Post a Comment