Swedish Berries from HELL

| |
My body hates me right now. I didn’t go according to the training plan yesterday. Instead I had the most intense yoga session I’ve ever had in my life (seems funny to say intense for yoga, but believe me; it was hardcore). I was totally and completely exhausted after that I could barely stand in the shower. I was shaking and about to faint… and I loved it.

When I got on the mat, a voice inside my head was telling me that 3 days in a row might be a bit too much, but I had the session anyway. And if I had time today, I’d probably do it again. But no, I don’t have time today (goin' clubbin' tonite!) so I’ll just do the arm workout, for real. Ok, maybe Pilates too.

This morning my abs ache, my arms are sore and my legs do not get why I insist on taking the 86 stairs to go to my apartment instead of the elevator.

But anyway, if the exercise part of my life went good yesterday, the food part was so-so. I started with a big bowl of fruit salad (orange, grapefruit, plum, mango and a dollop of honey) followed by my same-as-always lunch; hummus and veggies. Figs and plums for snack and for dinner I had my quinoa salad leftover with a banana bread muffin. So far so good. BUT then I went to the post office which is inside a drugstore that has a friggin’ candy shop inside too (wtf!?). I left with a cup of Swedish berries. I intended to eat just a few but I ended up by eating about 20 of them. 200 calories of PROCESSED SUGAR. My total is at 963 instead of 763. Yay!

Actually, no. It’s not funny. While I was munching on the evil chewy candies my mind was racing and racing. I could NOT stop myself. And worse, I was eating them while driving so I wasn’t even there completely. My hand just went from my mouth to the cup to my mouth to the cup to my mouth. And I was chewing chewing chewing while my mind screamed. Argh. What stopped me from eating the whole thing (because, yes, there’s about half of what I bought left) is the sugar overdose that came at the 20th candy. The last one tasted so gross. I stopped. So weird.

*sigh*

I was doing good. But I’ve decided not to beat myself up over candies. It’s ok. My limit is 1356 anyway sooooo, today I’ll do better and I’ll hope this momentary craziness wont show on the scale.

Speaking of which, I should really stop weighing myself everyday. It’s really bad for my moral and it’s like I expect to lose at least one pound EVERYDAY. Not gonna happen.

Tomorrow: 24hr fast. Starting tonight at 8PM. I’m going to get survival supplies afterwork: vitamin water, kombucha, water, water, water, cider vinegar. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

throughraindrops said...

least you didnt eat the whole thing i tottally would have !
i have to weight myself everyday cause i just have to know lol

mmm mango i freaking love mango is quinoa nice ive always been curious about it. well obviously yu wouldnt eat it if it was yuk but whats it like?
good luck with fast
xx

Luella said...

Yes, quinoa is good. It has a nutty , crunchy flavor and is full of good stuff. It's fast to cook and easy to adapt. It has most of the properties of the grain but it is in fact a seed.Here's the nutrition info for 100g (you'll see it really is a super-food):

Energy 370 kcal 1540 kJ
Carbohydrates 64 g
Dietary fibre 7 g
Fat 6 g
- polyunsaturated 3.3 g
Protein 14 g
Thiamine (Vit. B1) 28%
Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 21%
Vitamin B6 38%
Folate (Vit. B9) 46%
Vitamin E 16%
Iron 37%
Magnesium 53%
Phosphorus 65%
Zinc 31%

Post a Comment