Back in the race

| |
Milla Jovovich

I am back on my horse and it feels good. It feels safe. I have deflated and my belly is back to normal now; thanks to yesterday’s fast. It went great. I wasn’t even hungry and when 7PM came, I made myself a light, healthy dinner.

I had ½ of a ½ lean chicken breast lightly marinated in herbes de Provence with garlic and balsamic vinegar with grilled eggplant and a fresh tomato and olive salad. Later I had ½ cup of blueberries and strawberries with fat-free lactose free whipped cream; yum! All for a total of 520 calories.

I couldn’t bring myself to exercise yesterday so I didn’t do anything in particular except walking after dinner. I don’t think I’ll have time to exercise tonight either; I have a project I need to finish for tomorrow that involves painting.

I haven’t painted in AGES! This should be fun. I am in a creative mood lately and I really need to seize the moment or it will go away. With M working on the evening shift, I am quite lonely and I think that explain my sudden burst of creativity. Have you ever noticed how it’s easier to make art when one’s lonely, in pain or in any other difficult state? I know I am like that.

Anyway, today I plan on repeating yesterday’s success by fasting until dinner time and then eat healthy. Maybe a wild rice salad with tofu? Eggplant salad? We shall see. It will be a salad in any case!

Have you ever heard of Fast 5? It’s a diet that makes it “acceptable” to fast for 24hrs everyday. Basically, you fast all day until 5PM and then from 5 to 10 you can eat whatever you want. It’s based on the fact that there’s a maximum of food one can ingest in 5 hours if you eat carefully and well. With a shrunken stomach, it’s not long until you get full. It has worked for me in the past; especially in a plateau.

What I like the most in this diet is that it exploits the fact that it takes 8 hours for your body completely process the food you ate and after that you purify your system and eliminate toxins. Fast 5 was not based on that, but it’s a nice side effect if you ask me!

1 comments:

2beskinny said...

I used to be really good at art, more specifically black and white drawings. I hated color. To me, adding color to a drawing ruined it, every single time. I do not know where i got this talent of drawing. It must have come about from all the tracing I did as a child. I can still draw now, it just takes me a super long time to "get it right" and I do not do it often enough to expand on the talent, sadly

Post a Comment